With its vision to create long-term social impact, Rishihood University has concluded an MoU with Nepal-based foreign policy think-tank, Asian Institute of Diplomacy and International Affairs, also known as AIDIA Consulting Pvt. Ltd., for enhanced cooperation in the academic & skill development sectors and to start-ups in Nepal. Rishihood University will help the AIDIA in
- organising training and development programmes,
- setting up incubation and innovation centres,
- conducting exchange programmes for the Nepali youths, and
- promoting their start-up ideas.
Owing to Nepal’s highly geo-strategic location in the Himalayas, the MoU aims to lead a new era in foreign policy and international relations and reflects the unstoppable rise of the Asian continent as the key stakeholder in the economic, strategic and geopolitical equations of the present-day world. The main objectives of the MoU are:
- Furthering mutually beneficial cooperation;
- Exchanging information, expertise, resources on topics relevant to ICT and other topics of common interest;
- Improving the scientific, academic and research level of the Institutes, and;
- Promoting and intensifying friendship and mutual understanding.
Initiatives like this are aimed at bringing grassroots level cooperation in the SAARC region. India and Nepal share a lot of similarities on cultural, social and economic fronts. People from both countries live and work on either side of the borders and contribute to the growth of both countries. Structured models of cooperation will only boost the contribution of these hardworking people to achieve more and do something better for their respective communities. Rishihood University is committed to facilitating impact and social change at every possible level.